Amethyst and rhodonite become friends in this pair of elegant drop earrings. The sterling silver post is given a pop of purple with a genuine amethyst stone center. Dropping elegantly from a sterling silver cap a bold rhodonite gemstone adds the final touch. Earrings measure 1-3/8" long x 1/2" wide. Made in the USA.
Symbolizing the eternal bonds of friendship, strength, and loyalty, the twist rope design is an essential element for any Southwestern wardrobe. This jewelry style has become a signature element in high-end designer jewelry and designer Carolyn Pollack brings this fashion to you in a most unique way. Carolyn adds an element of fun to traditional twist rope design by using subtle strands of sterling silver to create the illusion of movement, as if the gemstones are floating around your neckline or wrist. In addition to rope detail, the pendants and earrings feature sculpted, cast scalloped detail in sterling silver adding another layer of interest to the jewelry.
Dancing gemstones in a brilliant spectrum of color add a touch of whimsy to any clothing in your wardrobe. Designer Carolyn Pollack uses sterling silver twist rope detail as the foundation for a broad palette of unique gemstone combinations and soft pearls, echoing the season's color trends. Wear the necklaces long or doubled, on their own, or with the coordinating pendants. The style possibilities are only limited by your imagination! Reflecting the popular trend of charm jewelry, Southwest Illusions earrings and bracelets feature dangling beaded gemstone charms, adding movement and playfulness to your favorite wardrobe pieces.
Like all fine jewelry, Carolyn Pollack jewelry should be handled carefully. Store jewelry in a plastic bag, dry and wrapped in tissue paper, when not being worn or displayed. Clean sterling silver with a silver polishing cloth when necessary, but never subject to chlorine, silver dips, chemical solutions or ultrasonic cleaners, as these substances can cause the gemstones to discolor. Never wear jewelry in a swimming pool.
• Believed to bring courage and prosperity, black agate raises consciousness and builds self-confidence. Its grounding effect improves perception and harmonizes the physical, mental, and emotional states.
• Smoky quartz lifts depression and promotes positive thinking. A clear, chocolate brown crystal, smoky quartz is believed to alleviate nightmares.
• Known as the modern birthstone for December, turquoise heals and promotes spiritual attunement.
• Pink rhodonite promotes a sense of inner calm, self-worth, peace, happiness, joy, and laughter. Used in smoothing over relationship difficulties, rhodonite clears the mind.
• Celebrated as June's birthstone, freshwater pearls have been treasured for countless centuries. Pearls are known for their wide range of color and for their varying shapes.
• The warm purple hues of February's birthstone, amethyst, exude tranquility and spirituality.
• With its rich amber color and luminous golden and chocolate bands, tiger's eye is named for its resemblance to the eye of a tiger.
• Obsidian is a natural glass that forms from volcanic activity. Snowflake obsidian is usually black or dark gray with inclusions of small white crystals that seem to create a snowflake pattern.
• Silver or gray in color, hematite is known as a grounding stone. Hematite is also said to enhance memory and intellect.
• Apatite is a calcium phosphate that is typically green, but also can be blue, yellow, reddish-brown, violet, or yellow-green. Apatite is believed to help fight viruses and control weight gain.
• Prehnite features a lustrous sheen similar to that of mother of pearl. It occurs as a yellow-green or yellow-brown color with streaks of white. Prehnite is an excellent meditation stone.
Create the illusion of floating gemstones along your neckline and wrists with the Southwest Illusions designer jewelry collection. Designer Carolyn Pollack combines pastel freshwater pearls with bold opaque and translucent gemstones, creating a striking palette for barely-there sterling silver twist rope. Carolyn shares her inspiration for the Southwest Illusions collection, "Each color story within this collection is stunning by itself, but when I twisted them all together into a torsade, I was amazed at the way both the colors and textures danced beautifully together." Experiment with creating a style all your own by combining layers colorful gemstone necklaces and bracelets.