Outfits in your favorite fall colors from earth tones, neutrals, chocolates to Red will dazzle when accessorized with this gemstone necklace. Sterling silver, natural fancy jasper, yellow jasper, red jasper, purple amethyst and natural olive green turquoise beaded necklace. Turquoise a long tradition in Southwestern legend is also known as the sky stone. Jasper is said to provide protection against unseen lower astral entities. Enables people to work with heavy negativity. Secures with a lobster claw closure and brand tag. Adjusts from 32 to 36" long x 1/4" wide. Made in America with gemstones from around the world.
Driving through the Southwest desert landscape brings bursts of colorful surprises around every corner. Brightly hued, autumnal vistas featuring orange-red rock formations and rich, green foliage celebrate the natural beauty of the Southwest and are the inspiration for the Colors of the Canyon sterling silver jewelry collection. Jewelry designer, Carolyn Pollack, describes a trip to the Grand Canyon that was the inspiration for the collection, "After an exhilarating ride through the rapids of the Colorado River, we were calmed by the quiet, majestic splendor of the canyon." The collection replicates the rich yellow, purple, green, and red autumnal shades that occur in this national treasure using Mother Nature's own tools: gemstones, sterling silver, and copper.
.925 sterling silver jewelry is a combination of 92.5% silver and usually 7.5% copper, although the copper is sometimes replaced with another alloy or a combination of alloys. The hallmark of .925 sterling silver on a piece of jewelry ensures the highest quality of silver.
• Copper has played an important role in jewelry since the Bronze Age. Today, it is used in almost every piece of jewelry as an alloy with other precious metals to add strength and durability.
• The warm purple hues of February's birthstone, amethyst, exude tranquility and spirituality.
• People of the Southwest prized green turquoise, the heart of Southwestern tradition, as currency, as a talisman of good health, and most importantly as beautiful jewelry. Several Southwestern states celebrate it as their state stone: Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada.
• Green serpentine gets its name from the word "serpent" because it resembles the skin of a snake. Serpentine is used for meditation, protection from poisonous creatures, and as an aid for kidney and stomach problems.
• Charoite, features swirling shades of lavender and violet with white, gray, and black veining. It is believed to ground the spiritual self, aid in decision-making, and stimulate unconditional love.
• Red jasper is said to have a powerful grounding quality and the ability to eliminate negative energy. It is believed to strengthen the circulatory system, regulate metabolic energy, and promote physical stamina.
• Known as a stone of protection, yellow jasper shields from negativity and is often carried to ensure safe journeys. Said to relieve pain and suffering, yellow jasper is often used to aid problems with the stomach, intestines, liver, and spleen.
In addition to replicating the autumnal colors of the canyon, the collection also celebrates the foliage of the landscape with intricately carved leaves of sterling silver and gemstones. The natural shape of the leaves on the collection's pendant makes them dangle playfully as though they were actual leaves shimmering in the canyon wind.
Clusters of brightly colored gemstones form flower and leaf motifs reminiscent of the floral bursts sprouting from the desert landscape.
Lustrous copper reflects the reddish-orange and yellow-orange canyon colors and is used to frame the bright gemstones of sunflower pendants and earrings.
All of the colors of the canyon are brought together in artfully, handcrafted beaded necklaces and bracelets. Faceted, earth-tone colored beads are intricately strung together capturing the sparkle of morning dew on canyon rocks and leaves.
The rich, autumnal shades of Colors of the Canyon, accented with soft greens and purples, provide countless opportunities to accessorize any season of the year. This collection brightens up any colored wardrobe piece and adds a unique finishing touch to any ensemble. Bold clusters of gemstones comprise one of the collection's signature pendants, which can be worn with any of the long strands of faceted jasper and earth-tone colored gemstones. The assortment of beaded necklaces, in a variety of lengths, offers countless layering options worn alone or with vibrant pendants. Faceted yellow jasper is the centerpiece of another unique pendant surrounded by copper-accented petals, replicating the beautiful sunflowers found in the Southwestern desert. Complete the look with complementary earrings, rings, and beaded bracelets.
Like all fine jewelry, Carolyn Pollack Sterling Silver Jewelry should be handled carefully. Store jewelry in a plastic bag, dry and wrapped in tissue paper, when not being worn or displayed. Clean sterling silver with a silver polishing cloth when necessary, but never subject to chlorine, silver dips, chemical solutions or ultrasonic cleaners, as these substances can cause the natural gemstones to discolor. Never wear jewelry in a swimming pool.